FUJIFILM Corporation today announced the new instax WIDE 300 instant film camera, featuring a complete model redesign for the first time in 14 years. The instax has become popular among various generation as a fun, easy tool for sharing life’s special moments through photo prints with family and friends.
Although many people are using digital cameras and smartphones today, the instax cameras have been popular among many customers for their unique and fun analog style film print. Fujifilm has sold more than 2.3 million units of instax mini cameras in the past year and worldwide demand continues to rise.
The new instax WIDE 300 uses film that is double the size of instax mini film and is the best suited for group photos. It is ideal for use at parties and events, for landscape photography and also in business photography and record keeping. The newly introduced instax WIDE 300 is designed to expand the shooting possibilities to all picture-taking opportunities every day.
To reach a wide range of customers and offer high quality prints with easy operation, the instax WIDE 300 has been designed like to a professional camera with a new grip for enhanced handling, as well as a real image type optical finder for an even better viewing experience. In addition, the lens ring dial has a two range focus zone setting and a tripod hole for improved usability.
Popular features include a built-in automatic electronic flash that automatically adjusts light levels depending on the distance to the subject. Fill-in Flash is also available for shooting a subject in a backlit scene, while a “lighten-darken” control adds creative high-key and low-key effects. A close-up lens adapter is included to enable focus as close as 40-50 cm from the subject.
Fujifilm is committed to offering new products and services that meet various consumer needs by using innovative technological advancements. Fujifilm is also dedicated to enhancing the enjoyment of photography worldwide, and wants all users to experience the joy of shooting, preserving, displaying and sending images through a renewed “Photo Renaissance” that delivers the message of “enrich your life with Photography.”Availability:
The instax WIDE 300 will be available in 4th quarter of 2014.Specifications
- Film Fujifilm Instant Color Film “instax WIDE” (sold separately)
- Film Size 86 mm × 108 mm
- Picture Size 62 mm × 99 mm
- Lens Move in/out type lens, 2 components, 2 elements, f=95 mm, 1:14
- Viewfinder Real image type optical finder, 0.37 ×, with target spot
- Focusing Motor-driven 2-range switching (0.9 m - 3 m/3 m - ∞), (normal mode: 0.9 m - 3 m, landscape mode: 3 m - ∞)
- Shutter Release Programmed electronic shutter release, shutter speed: 1/64 sec. - 1/200 sec.
- Exposure Control Automatic, Interlocking range (ISO 800): LV 10.5 - LV 15,
Exposure compensation (Lighten-Darken Control): ±2/3 EV
- Flash Built-in, automatic electronic flash, Charging time: 0.2 sec. - 6 sec.
(using a new battery),
Flash charging indicator (LED lights in red), Fill-in Flash Mode,
Effective flash lamp range: 0.9 m - 3 m
- Liquid Crystal Display (LCD) Exposure counter (number of unexposed films),
Lighten-Darken control, Fill-in Flash Mode
- Power Supply Four size AA 1.5 V alkaline batteries (LR6), Capacity: 10 film packs
(Based on Fujifilm test conditions)
- Others With film pack confirmation window, close up lens, and tripod socket
- Dimensions & Weight W: 167.8 mm × D: 94.7 mm × H: 120.9 mm / 612 g
(without battery, strap, film pack and close up lens)