NEW HD Lens "FUJINON HA18x5.5BE "
Fujifilm Corporation (President: Shigehiro Nakajima) has announced that it will release the portable multi-use zoom lens “No linkhandler TypoScript configuration found for key tx_ffproducts_product..
” (hereinafter “HA18x5.5”) in late June 2014. The new addition to the company’s lineup of HDTV lenses for 2/3” ENG cameras offers 18x zoom factor with 5.5mm- wide angle enabling it to capture footage in versatile production environments.
With the proliferation of digital TV broadcasting around the Globe, HD*1
-capable production equipment has become the established mainstream at television production sites. In emerging economies, which are currently undergoing digital transition, the increased production of content for broadcast transmission in premium image quality has surged the demand for HD-capable equipment. Amidst the given trend, Fujifilm is expanding its lineup of high-performance HDTV lenses targeted at live productions in studios, concerts and live sport events.
The all new HA18x5.5BE HDTV lens merges the capabilities of a standard and a wide angle lens making it the ideal “two in one” solution as camera operators no longer have to transport two lenses (standard & wide), and will no longer miss a vital scene because they have to change lenses whilst shooting on a live production. The HA18×5.5 is a portable HDTV lens compatible with 2/3” sensor Bayonet mount*2
cameras, covering focal lengths of 5.5mm on the wide angle end to 100mm on the telephoto end.
It features high-precision large-diameter aspheric elements, designed with Fujifilm’s proprietary cutting-edge optical simulation technology, achieving sharpness at the center as well as all corners to deliver edge-to-edge premium image quality. The HA18×5.5 lets you approach objects up to a minimum distance of 40cm. With the use of the built-in 2x Extender*3
, the focal length on the telephoto end can be extended to 200mm.
These features accommodate a broad range of production requirements dramatically improving on-site usability in news coverage and program content production. Its ergonomic design effectively reduces the physical load on camera operators during hand-held shooting. In addition, it incorporates a 16-bit encoder*4
which enables the lens to communicate zoom/focus position and other vital lens data to various systems in Virtual Studio environments.
Fujinon lenses, offered by Fujifilm, are recognized for their advanced descriptive performance, contributing to latest imaging progress through their applications in the production of TV programs, movies and commercials throughout the world. Tapping into its optical technology, high-precision processing technology and assembly technology that have been nurtured over the years, Fujifilm will continue to develop and supply innovative products that meet the diverse needs of production sites. This product is to be showcased at the broadcasting device exhibition “NAB 2014
”, to be held in Las Vegas from April 7 to 10, 2014.
- Product name: FUJINON HD “HA18x5.5BE RM/RD”
- Release date: Late June 2014
- Standard user price: To be announced
- 1) 18x zoom from wide angle 5.5mm for capturing high-impact footage
- Covering the most useful range of focal lengths from 5.5mm on the wide angle end to 200mm on the telephoto end (with 2x extender) to dramatically improve on-site usability in a versatile range of production for news, documentaries and live sport feeds
- Offering the minimum object distance of 40cm to accommodate indoor interviews in confined space or food / product filming
- (2) Use of Fujifilm’s proprietary optical technology to deliver advanced optical performance
- Using high-precision lens elements made of specialized optical glass as well as large-diameter aspheric elements, designed with cutting-edge optical simulation technology, to provide advanced optical performance despite its compact size
- Controlling image distortion and loss of sharpness at edges, typically seen on the wide angle side, to achieve edge-to-edge sharpness across all the zoom range
- Using a 9-blade diaphragm system to achieve the iris shape as round as possible, enabling natural bokeh in video images
- (3) Mechanical design in pursuit of operability for camera operators
- Compact and lightweight design weighing just 1.97kg*5 with the total length of 240.5 mm for high maneuverability
- The operating rings for focusing, zooming and iris (aperture) adjustment are labeled with the original font with excellent visibility
- (4) Popular built-in drive units for enhanced hand-holdabilty
- Ergonomic design to reduce physical load during hand-held shooting
- 16bit encoder for connection with various virtual systems
|Model name ||HA18×5.5BERM / BERD |
|Camera specifications ||2/3” sensor Bayonet Mount camera|
|Focal length ||5.5mm - 100mm |
11mm - 200mm when using the 2x Extender
|Zoom ratio ||18x |
|F No||1.8(5.5mm - 62mm) 2.9(100mm) |
3.6(11mm - 124mm) 5.8(200mm) when using the 2x Extender
|Minimum object distance (M.O.D) ||0.4m|
|Object Dimensions (at the M.O.D) ||5.5mm 800mm x 450mm |
100mm 44mm x 25mm
11mm 395mm x 222mm when using the 2x Extender
200mm 22mm x 12mm
|Angular field of view ||5.5mm 82°10’x 52°13' |
100mm 5°29’ x 3°05’
11mm 47°06’ x 27°32’ when using the 2x Extender
200mm 2°45’ x 1°33’
|Filter thread size ||M127 x 0.75 *6 |
|Approx. size (φ× Length) ||φ95 x 240.5mm|
|Approx. Weight ||1.97kg (BERM), 2.04kg(BERD) |
- *1 Abbreviation of “High Definition”, referring to the high definition video mode based on 1080 scanning lines
- *2 A type of camera mount
- *3 Device built in the lens to extend its focal length
- *4 Sensor that converts location data into digital signals; The data is divided at 16-bit accuracy to output zoom and focus location information in electric signals.
- *5 Weight of HA18×5.5 BERM (Servo Zoom and manual focus) excluding the hood