NEW 4K "FUJINON ZK12×25 " Cine Zoom Lens
Fujifilm Corporation (President: Shigehiro Nakajima) has announced that it will release the cine zoom lens “No linkhandler TypoScript configuration found for key tx_ffproducts_product..
” (hereinafter “ZK12x25”), compatible with 4K*1
cinema cameras, in late June 2014. Equipped with the 35mm PL mount*2
, the most common format for cinema cameras, the ZK12x25 boasts a high zoom ratio covering the focal length of 25mm to 300mm.
Movie production is currently undergoing a major shift from traditional film-based cinema cameras to digital cinema cameras. The replacement of shooting equipment is boosting the demand for latest high-performance lenses specifically designed for cinema cameras. Furthermore, the accelerated adaptation of HD contents in TV program production means 4K cameras are used more frequently, drawing the industry attention to 4K cine lenses with advanced optical performance.
The all-new ZK12x25 offers the industry-leading zoom ratio of 12x to cover the most frequently-used 25mm wide angle to 300mm on the telephoto end. With its advanced optical performance supporting 4K cameras, the lens delivers premium image quality across a versatile range of shooting scenes. The ZK12×25 features high-precision large-diameter aspheric elements, designed with Fujifilm’s proprietary cutting-edge optical simulation GO-Technology.
The use of the “three moving zoom group*3
” system, which minimizes aberration fluctuation during zooming, controls image distortion across the zoom range while delivering edge-to-edge sharpness to enable video production at premium image quality. The ZK12x25 can accommodate an optional detachable drive unit for electric motor zooming, focusing and iris. Mounting the drive unit enables the remote control of zooming, focusing and iris (aperture) adjustment. The availability of the Zoom Rate Demand*4 and Focus Position Demand*4
controls means the lens offers the operability equivalent to conventional broadcast television camera lenses, making it ideal for shooting movies, commercials, dramas or live TV productions.
Fujinon lenses, offered by Fujifilm, are recognized for their advanced descriptive performance, contributing to latest imaging progress through their applications in the production of TV programs, movies and commercials throughout the world. Tapping into its optical technology, high-precision processing technology and assembly technology that have been nurtured over the years, Fujifilm will continue to develop and supply innovative products that meet the diverse needs of production sites.
This product is to be showcased at the broadcasting equipment exhibition “NAB 2014”, to be held in Las Vegas from April 7 to 10, 2014.
- Product name: FUJINON cine lens “ZK12 x 25”
- Release date: Late June 2014
- Standard user price: To be announced
(1) Advanced optical performance
(2) Broader range of scenes covered with a single lens for substantial improvement in on-site usability
- Offering advanced optical performance that supports 4K cameras; Using high-precision large-diameter aspheric elements, designed with cutting-edge optical simulation technology
- Compatible with the “Super 35mm” image sensor*5, which is the current mainstream in digital cinema cameras
- Achieving sharpness at the center as well as all corners while controlling image distortion to deliver edge-to-edge premium image quality even when projected to a large cinema screen
- Featuring the Flange Back Focus*6 Adjustment Mechanism, used in television camera lenses, for optimized coupling with cameras to draw out the lens’s optical performance to the fullest
- Using a 9-blade round iris mechanism to achieve the iris shape as round as possible, enabling natural bokeh in images
(3) Compatible with (future) optional drive unit*
- Covering the most frequently-used range of focal lengths from 25mm to 300mm for the industry-leading 12x zoom ratio
- Offering the Macro function that lets you approach objects up to a minimum distance of 59cm, expanding scenes that can be covered with a single lens
- Accommodating a broad range of scenes to streamline photography and dramatically improve on-site usability
(4) Mechanical design in pursuit of comfort and operability
- Offering compatibility with detachable drive unit for electric zooming focusing and iris; the lens can be combined with the optional drive unit to enable remote control of zooming, focusing and iris (aperture) adjustment. The availability of the Zoom Rate Demand and Focus Position Demand controls means the lens offers the operability equivalent to conventional television camera lenses, making it ideal for shooting movies, commercials, dramas or even providing live TV feed.
(5) Main specifications：
- The focus ring with a large 280-degree rotation angle to aid accurate focusing when precision is required; Smooth ring rotation to enable delicate operation
- The gear rings for focusing, zooming and iris (aperture) adjustment has the pitch*7 of 0.8mm, the same as existing FUJINON cine lenses, for compatibility with standard accessories such as matte box and follow- focus kit.
- The operating rings for focusing, zooming and iris (aperture) adjustment use a universal design that displays the shooting distance, focal length and T-No. in the original font with excellent visibility for on-site comfort and operability.
- Luminous paint is used for individual indicators for enhanced visibility in poor light, which is a convenient feature when shooting in low brightness conditions.
- The focus indicator can be displayed in feet or meters.
|Model name ||ZK12×25 |
|Camera specifications ||35mm PL Mount camera |
|Focal length ||25mm - 300mm |
|Zoom ratio ||12x |
|T-No. T ||3.5 (25mm-273mm) T 3.85(300mm) |
|Minimum object distance (M.O.D) ||1.2m (4’) |
|Object Dimensions (at the M.O.D) ||[Horizontal × Vertical] 25mm 937mm x 527mm |
300mm 77mm x 43mm
|Angular field of view |
[Horizontal × Vertical]16:9 aspect ratio *8
| 25mm 57°32’ x 34°19’ |
300mm 5°14’ x 2°57’
|Approx. size (φ× Length) ||φ136mm x 401mm |
|Approx. Weight ||8.4kg |
- *1 Video standard with 4 times as many pixels as the full high definition format
- *2 35mm / digital cinema camera lens mount used by the world’s leading cinema camera manufacturer German Company ARRI (Arnold and Richter Cine Technik) and SONY 4K cameras.
- *3 Magnification lens groups for changing the focal length are combined with another moving lens group for correction in order to control aberration fluctuations associated with zooming. This system is used also for the high-end “HK series” of lenses.
- *4 TV camera peripherals for controlling zooming and focusing
- *5 The ZK12x25 is compatible with the 27.45mm x 15.44mm image sensor.
- *6 Distance from the lens mounting reference plane (flange) to the sensor
- *7 Distance between gear teeth
- *8 Sensor size: 27.45mm × 15.44mm
- *9 future feature