FUJIFILM is proud to launch the FinePix F850EXR long zoom compact camera. A new addition to FUJIFILM’s F series travel zoom cameras, its fast response times and excellent specifications will have wide appeal.
In a lightweight, slim-line body, its high precision FUJINON 20× optical zoom lens (25-500mm 1
), EXR-CMOS sensor and EXR Processor II ensure that the F850EXR will provide hassle-free photography and superb functionality.
1. Speedy response times
The F850EXR’s focus speeds of 0.21sec. 2
and quick response times are thanks to a newly developed EXR Processor II, ensuring that your subject will be captured at the precise moment you want them to be, avoiding missed photo opportunities. The EXR Processor II, which boasts twice the processing speed of the previous generation EXR Processor has a startup time of 1.1sec. 2
, interval between shots of 0.5sec. 2
, and burst-mode frame advance rates of 9.0 frames/sec. 2
(max. 5 frames).
2. Excellent Auto Mode for quality photo without “Hassle”
What’s more, you can take advantage of the superb capabilities of the ½-inch, 16 million pixels EXR-CMOS sensor just by selecting FUJIFILM’s EXR AUTO mode. In this mode, the camera has the ability to automatically optimise output by choosing between 108 pre-determined scene permutations and adjusting settings to suit the scene for hassle-free, high-quality results whatever your subject.
3. FUJINON 20× optical zoom lens combines with Intelligent Digital Zoom for up to a 40× zoom
From 25mm 1
(wide) to 500mm 1
(telephoto), the F850EXR offers an impressive zoom range in a very slim-line camera body. With the ability to combine the 20x optical zoom and the Intelligent Digital Zoom to allow magnification up to 40×, the F850EXR will capture crisp images of subjects at an impressive distance.
Featuring advanced CMOS-shift image stabilisation which reduces the blurring which often occurs at long zoom ratios from camera shake or subject movement, the F850EXR is built to help you take good quality long zoom shots. With its superior grip for additional hold, you will feel in total control when you’re snapping away on your travels.
4. Record Full HD movies, thanks to the EXR- CMOS sensor
Shoot video footage in Full HD at a smooth 60 frames/sec. without losing any of the superior colour reproduction qualities offered by the EXR-CMOS sensor. Movie recording can be started with a single press of the dedicated “Movie recording button”. You can record high-quality sound using the built-in stereo microphone.
Optical zoom and still image photography are available during movie recording. Portraits will always be in focus thanks to the face-tracking autofocus feature, which even tracks subjects that look down or away.
The camera also offers a movie scene recognition feature that automatically adjusts camera settings for landscapes, close-ups, night landscapes, portraits, backlit portraits, and night portraits for high-quality, hassle-free results with a variety of subjects.
5. The fully-featured camera makes photography a snap
The FinePix F850EXR offers Advanced Filter
for hassle-free access to innovative forms of artistic expression. You can preview on the LCD before you take your shot.
- Toy Camera - Create shaded borders as if you were taking a photo on a toy camera.
- Miniature - Add top and bottom blur for a diorama or miniature effect.
- Pop Color - Emphasize contrast and colour saturation.
- High Key - Enhance brightness and reduce contrast to lighten tonal reproduction.
- Low Key (NEW) – Create uniformly dark tones with few areas of emphasized ighlights.
- Dynamic Tone - Create a fantasy effect by dynamically-modulated tonal reproduction.
- Soft Focus (NEW) – Create a look that is evenly soft throughout the whole image.
- Partial Color - Retain one selected original color and change the rest of the photo to black and white. Colors can be selected from red, orange, yellow, green, blue and purple for dramatic effect.
Further improvements have been made to “Advanced Anti-blur”
mode, in which the camera takes four shots in rapid succession at high sensitivity settings and combines them using advanced image processing technology to reduce the effects of blur: it now works effectively with moving subjects for even more beautiful blur- and noise-free shots in low light and at high zoom ratios.
Combine two shots into a “Multiple Exposure”
shot for a unique effect. Superimposed over the view through the lens in the monitor, the first shot serves as a guide to composing the second shot, allowing more accurate composition and giving you a better idea of how the picture will turn out for unique, creative works of art.
The “Motion panorama 360”
feature makes it a snap to record dynamic, seamless 360° panoramas. And “Film simulation”
lets you choose from five different combinations of colour gamut and tone range, just as you used to choose your Fujifilm colour reversal film.
6. Clear, Beautiful Display and Ease of use for various shooting control
Its bright, high-precision, premium 3.0-inch, 920,000-dot LCD monitor offers a Monitor Sunlight mode for enhanced viewing in bright sunlight. Its wide viewing angle allows photographs to be taken from higher angles and lets you view pictures during playback from awkward angles without difficulty.
Additionally, frequently-used options can be assigned to the camera’s “E-fn” or extended function button for enhanced ease of use.
7. FinePix F850EXR Key features list:
- 16 million pixels ½-inch EXR-CMOS sensor with EXR Processor II
- 20x optical zoom (25-500mm 1) with CMOS-shift Image Stabilisation
- 3.0-inch LCD screen
- EXR-Auto (with auto optimisation for 108 different scene permutations)
- Full manual controls
- Fast AF 0.21sec. 2
- Start-up time of 1.1sec. 2
- Interval between shots of 0.5sec. 2
- 9.0 frames/sec. 2(max. 5 frames) continuous shooting (at full resolution)
- Advanced Filter
- Motion Panorama 360
- Full HD 1080p Video (60fps)
- Eye-Fi Card Compatibility
- Available in Black, Red, Olive and White
- 250 shot 2 battery charge
35mm format equivalent.
FUJIFILM research based on CIPA standards.