FUJIFILM Corporation (President: Shigehiro Nakajima) will launch the FUJINON ZK2.5×14 (hereinafter ZK2.5×14) at the end of September. The ZK2.5x14 offers a wide angle zoom covering 14-35mm focal length. It is the third lens for cinema cameras, equipped with a detachable servo drive unit. The ZK2.5×14 uses the highly adopted 35mm PL mount*1
for cinema cameras, and with its high optical performance, compact body, and weight of a mere 2.9kg*2
, it is capable of capturing a variety of visual expressions in many different situations.
With the shift to high image quality video contents using 4K cameras*3
for television productions, lenses with high optical performance for cinema cameras have been receiving a lot of attention. However, as the shooting method differs between cinema and television camera lenses, there are difficulties in operation of cinema camera lenses for television production.
As a new idea for cine lenses, Fujifilm introduced the ZK series lenses, with detachable servo drive unit for zooming and focusing. In August 2012, the FUJINON ZK4.7×19 (hereinafter ZK4.7×19) was released, followed by the telephoto type FUJINON ZK3.5×85 (hereinafter ZK3.5×85) in November of the same year.
Thanks to the detachable servo drive unit on the ZK series, the lens can be operated in the same manner as a traditional portable television camera lens. Not only in film productions, it is also suitable for television productions with cinema cameras. The ZK series features high quality images due to the pleasing Bokeh and the shallow depth-of-field, specific to cine lenses.
Furthermore, with the servo drive unit removed, traditional cinema manual, or external cine motors for zooming and focusing operation is also available for all models of this series. Whichever way they are used, ZK series will be comfortable. And, it is easy to carry around due to the compact and lightweight design.
With the release of the ZK2.5×14, the ZK series line-up consists of wide angle, standard, and telephoto lenses. The ZK2.5×14 is a wide angle zoom lens with a focal length covering from 14 to 35mm, supporting both film and digital cinema cameras. With the latest optical simulation technology and high precision large diameter aspherical elements, it has achieved both high optical performance and a lightweight compact body of 2.9kg. Thanks to high resolution from the center to corner, high image quality without image distortion will be exhibited on the large screens of movie theaters. Additionally, a Macro Function is also standard, allowing for the shooting of subjects as close as 33cm*4
, expanding the range of the lens.
FUJINON cine lenses offered from Fujifilm, recognized for their high technology, were used in the international hit Oblivion this year. FUJINON lenses contribute to the latest imaging progress. Fujifilm will continue developing and providing new innovative products using its optical technology, high-precision processing technology and assembly technology developed over the years, to respond to the diversifying needs of production sites.
The ZK2.5x14 will be exhibited at IBC2013, the largest broadcasting equipment exhibition in Europe to be held in Amsterdam, Netherlands from September 13 to 17, 2013.*1 16mm/35mm cinema camera lens mount from the world’s leading cinema camera company, German Arnold and Richter Cine Technik.
*2 Mass of the lens and drive unit together.
*3 Video standard with 4x the number of pixels as that of Full-HD.
*4 Distance from sensor to subject.
1. Product name: FUJINON ZK2.5×14
2. Release date: End of September 2013
3. Standard user price: Open
4. Main features:
(1) High optical quality and lightweight, compact design
*5 Distance from the lens mounting reference plane (flange) to the sensor.
- With the latest optical simulation technology and high precision large diameter aspherical lens elements, it has achieved both high optical performance and a lightweight compact body of 2.9kg.
- High resolution image without image distortion will be exhibited on the large screens of movie theaters.
- A Back focus adjustment mechanism*5 is standard, the same as television lenses. This adjustment allows the lens to be optimized with the camera, to bring out the best in optical performance.
- Thanks to the 9-brade round iris, it will exhibit natural round circle Bokeh.
(2) A wide angle lens covering focal lengths from 14mm to 35mm
- Coupled with the ZK4.7×19 and ZK3.5×85, the ZK series supports a wide variety of scenes.
- Macro Function enables shooting subjects as close as 33cm. expanding the range of the lens
(3) Detachable servo drive unit
- Thanks to the detachable servo drive unit on the ZK series, the lens can be operated in the same manner as a traditional portable television camera lens and accessories.
- The pleasing Bokeh and the shallow depth-of-field specific to cinema camera lenses can also be used for shooting commercials and dramas.
(4) Installation of Rotary Encoder for high resolution output of lens data.
- 16bit Rotary Encoders are installed on the drive unit for high resolution output of lens position data, including zoom, focus, and iris.
(5) Universal design
- It features universal design for distance, focal length and T-No. scales. The original font is easy to read and luminous, on the focus, zoom, and iris (aperture) operation ring.
- It is comfortable to operate in all shooting situations.
5. Main specifications:
*6 Sensor size: 27.45 x 15.44mm Fujifilm at IBC: Booth number 11.C 20
35mm PL Mount Camera
Minimum object distance (M.O.D)
Object dimension at M.O.D
[horizontal x vertical]
14 mm 701 x 394mm
35 mm 275 x 155mm
Field of view [horizontal x vertical]
16:9 Aspect ratio *6
14 mm 88°52’ x 57°45’
35 mm 42°49’ x 24°53’
φ 114mm x 231mm
approx. 2.9kg (with drive) / approx. 2.4kg (without drive)
For more information please contact:
FUJIFILM Europe GmbH
Optical Devices Division
+49(0)21150898917 Orlander-Oliver_Beckles(at)fujifilm(dot)eu www.fujifilm.eu/fujinon