Fujifilm Corporation (President: Kenji Sukeno) has announced that it will release firmware update Ver. 2.0. for the FUJIFILM X-Pro2 rangefinder-style mirrorless digital camera in October 2016.
With the firmware update, the FUJIFILM X-Pro2 and the new FUJIFILM X-T2 will stand side-by-side as double flagship X Series cameras.
Detail of the update includes:
- The new autofocus algorithm* that is implemented on the new FUJIFILM X-T2 to produce faster and more accurate autofocus will also be implemented on the FUJIFILM X-Pro2.
* Excludes the new AF-C Custom Settings functions.
- Compatibility with the new hot-shoe mount flash EF-X500. The camera will now be enabled with high-speed flash sync and multi-flash lighting.
- AUTO POWER OFF will now have 15 sec, 30 sec, and 1 min. options, allowing more customisable power management.
- The parallax correction function will be improved to provide a more accurate and easier-to-use Optical Viewfinder. *The detail of the firmware is subject to change.
Planned release date: October, 2016