FUJIFILM Corporation (President: Shigehiro Nakajima) will release a free dedicated firmware update on the 23rd
of July which will drastically improve the performance of the FUJIFILM X-Pro1 and X-E1 premium interchangeable lens cameras and enable users to more conveniently take photographs.
In addition to the contents of the firmware update announced on the 25th
of June, focus precision for subjects in various shooting conditions has also been improved.
Main contents of the firmware update
1. Improved AF speed on most existing XF lenses.
Thanks to an updated algorithm, faster AF speed is achieved with the following XF lenses:
- XF14mmF2.8 R
- XF18mmF2 R
- XF35mmF1.4 R
- XF60mmF2.4 R Macro
- XF18-55mmF2.8–4 R LM OIS
2. Addition of the “Focus Peak Highlight” function for manual focusing.
- * All of the XF lenses listed require firmware upgrades to version 3.00 or newer in order to benefit from this improvement
The “Focus Peak Highlight” function, which features on the FUJIFILM X100S and X20 cameras, has been added via this firmware update. It assists accurate and sensitive manual focusing by enhancing the outline of your subject in high contrast.
3. Improvement of the method to change magnification during manual focus.
Just press the dial to activate image magnification during manual focus and then rotate the dial right or left and the camera will alternate between 3x and 10x, whichever direction you turn.
4. Improvement of focus precision in various scenes [additional item]
The focus detection algorithm has been improved to provide more accurate focus precision for low contrast subjects and scenes containing horizontal stripes.
5．Improved Optical Image Stabilization when using the XF18-55mmF2.8-4 R LM OIS lens
Firmware version 3.00 for the XF18-55mm lens improves the OIS to reduce image blurring when walking and recording video.
- * Firmware upgrade of X-Pro1 to version 3.00 or newer and X-E1 version to 2.00 or newer is also required
The firmware updates will be available to download from the links below from 07:00 CEST on 23rd July 2013.