Radiology without Borders
Optimised study display
- Radiologists are able to add notes, save specific studies or save a particular image to review or discuss at a later date. Once reopened the studies are presented in the same state, therefore removing the need to reorder and sort images prior to a conference for example.
Compression without loss of quality
- Synapse makes the most of your infrastructure with Fujifilm’s unique patented compression technology. This technology combines high compression ratios without sacrificing image quality. Fujifilm’s unique approach allows on-demand access to the entire patient history.
Multi site PACS
- A modern radiology department is an important division within the hospital infrastructure - not only in terms of network storage, but also in terms of workflow, therefore departments need efficient tools to create a radiology department without borders. Fujifilm has realised that to be successful, PACS must bring together multiple devices, each with its own location based information systems and various user groups. At the same time it is important to remain scalable; Synapse architecture contributes to this goal.
Integrating multiple information systems
- Often there are advantages when multiple pages are combined into a common database, even if no common demographic information system exists. The consolidation of data sources is a unique technology from Fujifilm, which enables a single synapse database to manage image and text information from different facilities, each with different HL7 based information systems, therefore increasing efficiency.
- The healthcare market demands solutions with high performance, reliability and scalability. Compared to traditional server configurations, virtualisation is a significantly lower total cost of ownership (TCO). The main factors are lower energy costs, less heat and thus savings in air conditioning and more efficient hardware utilisation. The integration in an existing VMware environment and the use of available hardware resources (SAN,NAS,HSM) play a major role in this cost conscious market, using VMware developed Fujifilm solutions that address these key requirements. Fujifilm is an official member of the program's Technology Alliance Partner (TAP) and tests the Synapse products in the VMware headquarters in Palo Alto.