Updated 5th Oct 2012: Firmware version 2.00 update is available now!
FUJIFILM is proud to announce the release of a new firmware update for the Fujifilm X10, premium compact digital camera. FUJIFILM will release the new firmware in response to a large number of requests from the camera’s existing users. FUJIFILM has listened carefully to this feedback since the X10’s launch in autumn 2011. The update will add two new functions: "Advanced Filter" as seen on the F800EXR and new XF1 cameras and the hugely popular "Q (Quick) Menu".
The update will add the “Advanced Filter” function to the camera’s Adv. (Advanced) Mode to enable the user to create unique photographic effects. Choosing from six special filters in 11 patterns, users can check the effect of individual filters on the LCD monitor whilst taking shots.
- “POP colour ” this filter boosts contrast and saturation for a colourful finish
- “High-key” brightness is increased and contrast is reduced to create a gentle atmosphere
- “Toy camera” this filter adds a vignette effect for a retro look
- “Miniature” the top and bottom of the image is blurred to simulate a diorama look
- “Dynamic tone” applies dynamic gradation for a fantasy effect
- “Partial colour” this filter creates a monochrome image while retaining just one colour out of red, orange, yellow, green, blue or purple
Q (Quick) Menu function
Click thumbnails to enlarge
The update will also introduce the “Q (Quick) Menu”, a popular feature found in the premium interchangeable lens camera the FUJIFILM X-Pro1. Updating the firmware will assign a Quick menu function to the “RAW” button on the back of the camera body. As a result pressing the ‘RAW’ button will launch the Q Menu so users can directly access frequently-used shooting settings. This function gives a list view of the most popular photography settings required during a photo shoot, including ISO, White Balance and Film Simulation.
The firmware update is available now in the Support section on the Fujifilm global website.