Fujifilm XMF Workflow v6 OneScreen
Fujifilm XMF Remote R10
Fujifilm XMF Remoter10 Proof via web
Fujifilm Corporation (President Shigehiro Nakajima) today announces the release of Fujifilm Workflow XMF V6 (XMF V6) and the web portal system XMF Remote R10. The new systems will be sold by FUJIFILM Global Graphics Systems Co., Ltd (President Morihiro Atsumi).
As a result of the shift toward shorter runs, product diversification and quick turnarounds, printing companies are under pressure not only to process a greater number of jobs more efficiently, but also to process an increasing number of jobs that require a high level of RIP processing. This includes projects that use different types of graphic processing to create a finished product with various visual effects, as well as projects that require variable printing as part of one-to-one marketing. A further important issue is the need to improve the level of service provided through smooth communications between departments within the company and also with parties outside the company including customers.
To address these issues, XMF V6 includes the Adobe PDF Print Engine 3
(APPE3), and is also the first workflow system in the world to incorporate Mercury RIP Architecture
– a technology for high speed operation, developed by Adobe. As a result, XMF V6 achieves dramatic improvements in file processing times. In addition, XMF Remote R10 is designed for utilisation in a wide range of environments through various improvements, including complete compatibility with HTML 5
The most significant characteristic of the Mercury RIP Architecture, incorporated in XMF V6 ahead of the market, is that the system can conduct load balancing by processing each page of a single job simultaneously during rendering
. This results in higher processing speeds to maximise the utilisation of system resources, which in turn deliver significant productivity improvements when outputting pages to a digital press or when producing variable output.
XMF V6 can also harness the Mercury RIP Architecture to allow parallel processing of multiple jobs
and achieve a processing capability approximately 10 times greater than previous systems, although the exact ratio depends on the operating environment. In addition, it is also possible to assign different orders of priority to different processes and actively adjust the resource allocation
for each respective process. For example, the resource allocation can be adjusted in accordance with orders of priority that have been established in advance, such as assigning first priority to remote proofing and preview displays viewed by customers via XMF Remote.
With the ability to efficiently process multiple jobs,
it allows printing companies to utilise their various output devices more effectively. Even in the event where the output to a platesetter, proofer or digital printer overlaps, the system can reduce processing ‘standby time’ to a minimum, ensuring that each output device is used efficiently.
Furthermore, as a single XMF unit is capable of executing the volume of RIP processing equivalent to five platesetters
(e.g. Luxel T-9800, 67 plates per hour), the number of RIP devices can be greatly reduced, resulting in easier management and lower costs. It also means that the results of the job will always be consistent – even if produced on different output devices – resulting in a highly reliable workflow.
Another advantage of XMF V6 is that the latest virtualisation technology is harnessed
to greatly increase redundancy. No matter how fast the processing speed or how superior its functionality, workflow systems cannot be an effective asset unless its speed and capability is stable and available at all times. For example, if XMF V6 and XMF Remote R10 are both used together on two computers and one computer develops a hardware issue, it is possible to use the functioning computer to seamlessly continue with the job from where the problem occurred. This complete back-up system provides safe and secure support to ensure non-stop operations.
XMF Remote R10 is equipped with HTML 5 compatibility
for all functions used by the client. This means that even when the use of Java is not possible for security or other reasons, complete XMF Remote functionality is now available. As it is not necessary to download the Java application, start-up time is also shorter.
Another new feature of XMF Remote R10 is the Express Job function
, designed for work with new customers and one-off jobs, which allows customers to participate in a job simply by registering their email address but without registering an account. A simple procedure allows online data submission, proofing and approval services, which means that XMF Remote can now be used for a wide range of applications.Principal characteristics of XMF V6:
Principal characteristics of XMF Remote R10:
- The incorporation of APPE3 and Mercury RIP Architecture facilitating RIP processing capability that, depending on the operating environment, may be around 2 - 10 times faster in comparison to previous systems
- Superior redundancy achieved through the latest virtualisation technology
- Various features, including pre-flighting, colour management and imposition, are all centralised
- A job management function, which allows the centralised management of all data for printing and output settings for each job
- An ink-saving function, which optimises the volume of ink used while maintaining transparency effects, overprints and other features
- The option of linking with MIS using JDF and CSV
- All customer functions are HTML 5 compatible
- Customers can participate in jobs simply by registering their email address and without creating an account
- Simple online data submission using drag-and-drop is enabled, and pre-flight is executed automatically
- Using XMF, customers can make use of efficient remote proofing while looking at the actual operation results
- Compatibility with multi-stage approval workflows requiring proofing and approval by a number of different people
- iPads can be used for proofing, allowing customers to issue instructions for proofing and confirm the changes on the go
For many years, as a leading company in the field of printing plate materials, Fujifilm has been involved in the worldwide development, production and sales of a diverse range of print-related products, including CTP plates and PS plates for offset printing, printing chemicals, workflow software, platesetters and inkjet digital printers. XMF is a core system for all of these solutions and Fujifilm intends to further evolve XMF in line with the needs of the market. For further information contact:
Elni Stofberg / Isabella Schiavi
Tel: +44 (0)1372 464470