FUJIFILM Corporation (President: Shigehiro Nakajima) will launch a supreme model in the series of instax mini instant cameras that offer card-sized photo prints right after taking it. The new instax mini 90 Neo Classic has a premium, full-fledged camera design that sets itself apart from the “cute” image it had built in the past, and features a variety of photography modes for various scenes for users to enjoy more genuine photography.
The instax mini series, which enables users to write messages on the card-sized high image quality photos on the spot, is popular among teenage girls and women in their early 20s.
The new instax mini 90 Neo Classic targets not only women who have been the main target of the instax cameras but also men. It has adopted a premium, full-fledged camera design so that it may be used by interchangeable lens camera users and camera lovers. In addition, basic performance as a camera has improved to take high image quality photos by automatically detecting the brightness of the surrounding and automatically adjusting the optimum amount of light for the flash and shutter speed.
Instax mini 90 Neo Classic also offers a variety of photography modes such as the double exposure mode in which 2 images are produced on 1 film by pressing the shutter twice and the bulb*1
mode (10 seconds at longest) in which night views and light trails*2
can be clearly photographed. Using these photography modes will enable users to produce artistic instax creations. In addition, the macro mode, in which short-distance photography is possible without attaching a closeup lens like conventional models, kids mode, which suits photographing kids, pets and other fast moving subjects due to fast shutter speed, party mode, in which the subject and background can be photographed clearly even in dark rooms, and other photography modes for various scenes are offered. Instax mini 90 Neo Classic offers even more photo opportunities than existing instax cameras to enjoy a more comfortable photo life.
Through proposals of ways to enjoy instax instant cameras with which print-outs of photos can be enjoyed right after being taken, Fujifilm will continue communicating the attractive features of instax cameras as well as the intrinsic values of photos of “taking, preserving, decorating and giving
- (1) Stylish and premium body design
- (2) Automatically detects the brightness of the surrounding and automatically adjusts the optimum amount of light for the flash and shutter speed to improve photo quality
- (3) A variety of photography functions
- i) Double exposure mode: 2 images are produced on 1 film by pressing the shutter twice
- ii) Bulb mode: The shutter is open during the time the shutter button is pressed (10 seconds at longest), and light trail can be photographed
- iii) Macro mode: Short-distance photography (30-60cm) is possible
- iv) Kids mode: Suits photography of kids, pets and other fast moving subjects due to fast shutter speed
- v) Party mode: The subject and background can be photographed brightly and clearly
- vi) Other: Landscape mode, Flash ON/OFF mode
- *1 When the shutter is open during the time the shutter button is pressed. It is used when taking a photo over a long period of time to fix weak light onto the film in very dark places. When the subject moves during shooting, the movement appears as a blur or a trail.
- *2 Line of residual light that leaves a trail.
Specifications of instax mini 90 Neo Classic
|Film ||Fujifilm Instant Color Film “instax mini” (sold separately) |
|Film size ||86mm×54mm |
|Picture size ||62mm×46mm |
|Lens ||Move in/out type, 2 components, 2 elements, f=60mm, F=12.7 |
|Viewfinder ||Real image finder, 0.37x, with target spot and parallax adjustment for macro mode |
|Focusing ||Motor-driven 3-range switching, 0.3m-∞ (macro mode: 0.3-0.6m, normal mode: 0.6-3.0m, landscape mode: 3.0m-∞) |
|Shutter release ||Programmed electronic shutter release, 1.8-1/400 sec. shutter speeds (macro mode: aperture automatically fixed at F22, bulb mode: maximum 10 sec. shutter open time) |
|Exposure control ||Automatic, Lv5.0-15.5 (ISO800), lighten-darken control: ±2/3EV，+1EV |
|Film feeding out ||Automatic |
|Flash ||Automatic electronic flash (with brightness adjustment function) / forced firing mode (with brightness adjustment function) / flash off mode / red-eye reduction mode |
|LCD ||Exposure counter (number of remaining shots), Macro mode, Brightness control, Self timer, Flash ON/OFF, Mode button (Party/Kids/Landscape/Double exposure/ Bulb) |
|Power supply ||NP-45A lithium-ion battery Charge Capacity: 10 film packs (based on our test conditions) |
|Accompanying items ||Shoulder strap, warranty, Li-ion Battery, NP-45A, Battery Charger BC-45C |
- *Specifications are subject to change without notice.