FUJINON XF 16-55 mm F2,8 R LM WR
A weather-resistant zoom lens with a constant aperture of F2.8 across the focal lengths equivalent to 24mm at wide-angle through to 84mm at medium-telephoto, the XF16-55mm delivers ultra-sharp images even at wide open apertures across the entire zoom range!
The FUJINON XF16-55mm F2.8 R LM WR
is a flagship XF standard zoom lens with a focal length equivalent to 24mm – 84mm (in 35mm format equivalent), and a constant F2.8 aperture throughout the range. The advanced optical design controls various forms of aberration to achieve edge-to-edge sharpness across the entire zoom range. The use of a newly-developed Nano-GI* (Gradient Index) coating technology effectively inhibits ghosting and flare, producing clear images. This is a convenient standard zoom lens that covers a wide range of shooting scenes from the wide-angle 24mm equivalent suitable for landscape photography, to the medium-telephoto 84mm equivalent, ideal for portraiture.
The XF16-55mm lens is driven with a linear motor, allowing comfortable shooting with fast, quiet autofocusing. Featuring a weather resistant and dust-resistant finish that can work in temperatures as low as -10°C and can be paired with the “FUJIFILM X-T1” premium mirrorless camera to take advantage of the fully weather-resistant system .
* Technology for forming a nano-sized irregular surface structure on the lens to reduce its surface reflection
Optically designed to draw out the maximum image quality as a flagship standard zoom lens
- In order to achieve the best-in-class image quality, the fast standard zoom lens with a constant aperture of F2.8 consists of 17 elements in 12 groups. This includes three aspherical lens elements to control spherical aberration and distortion, and three ED glass lens elements to reduce lateral chromatic aberration (wide-angle) and axial chromatic aberration (telephoto), thereby achieving edge-to-edge sharpness across the entire zoom range.
- Applying Fujifilm's unique HT-EBC (High Transmittance Electron Beam Coating) to the entire area of the lens surface ensures ghosting and flare are controlled for sharp, clear images. Also, using the newly developed Nano-GI coating technology, which alters the refractive index between glass and air, ghosting and flare are effectively reduced for diagonal incident light.
- Nine rounded aperture blades create a smooth, circular bokeh. The suppression of spherical aberration to the ultimate extent contributes to produce beautiful bokeh at both the front and back.
- By combining this lens with an X Series camera body** with Lens Modulation Optimiser*** (LMO) technology, the performance from the lens is improved even further. LMO corrects for diffraction*4 to produce images with edge-to-edge sharpness and create a realistic three-dimensional effect, even at small apertures.
** Supported by the "FUJIFILM X-T1", "FUJIFILM X-T1GS" and "FUJIFILM X-E2" as of January, 2015.
*** Fujifilm's own image processing function that corrects the optical effects of diffraction, based on the optical performance of each lens.
*4 Phenomenon that occurs when the shooting with a narrow aperture in which fine images that should originally be sharp become blurred.
High-speed, quiet auto focus thanks to the Linear Motor
- An Inner Focusing System*5 is used for high-speed AF. By reducing the weight of the focus lens and mounting the Twin Linear Motor, high-speed, quiet AF is possible. The fastest AF speed of 0.06 seconds brings comfort to your photo-shoot when by combining this lens with an X Series camera body** offering Phase Detection AF. Combined with the near-silent shutter sound, photos can be taken unnoticed in quiet locations.
- As AF operates using a signal from the imaging sensor, extremely high-precision focusing is possible.
*5 Method for moving the small lenses in the middle and rear sections of the lens, without moving the large lenses composing the front of the lens.
Weather resistant, dust-resistant and -10°C low-temperature operation
- With weather-sealing at 14 locations, the lens is weather-resistant, dust-resistant and -10°C low-temperature operation, making it the perfect companion for the X-T1, which has the same levels of protection.
High build quality and comfortable operation
- Both the focus and aperture rings are metal, plus metal is also used on the exterior of the lens body for a high-quality finish. Thanks to long-term experience and broaden knowhow for other top-end professional lens fields such as Broadcasting and Cinema Scope, the texture and torque on the rings makes for comfortable shooting even for delicate manual focusing. The lens mount is made from brass for improved strength.
- Combined with a camera body, the lens is approximately 60% of the weight of a full-size system*6, considerably reducing the burden on the photographer for astonishing ease of use.
- The AF+MF function enables seamless manual focusing. After pressing the shutter to autofocus on the subject, fine adjustments can then be made using the manual focus ring.*7
*6 Fujifilm research.
*7 A function allowing seamless manual focusing by rotating the focus ring while pressing the shutter halfway during AF lock. A firmware upgrade is required for the camera body in order to use this function. (Applicable models: X-Pro1/X-E1/X-E2/X-T1/X-T1GS)
FUJINON LENS XF16-55mmF2.8 R LM WR
17 elements 12 groups
(includes 3 aspherical and 3 extra low dispersion elements）
Focal length (35mm format equivalent)
Angle of view
Number of blades
9（rounded diaphragm opening）
1/3EV (19 steps)
Normal：0.6m～∞ (whole zoom position)
Macro： 30cm～10m（Wide）, 40cm～10m (Telephoto)
External dimensions: Diameter x Length (approx.)
（distance from camera lens mount flange）
φ83.3mm x 106.0mm (Wide)/129.5mm（Telephoto)
(excluding caps and hoods）
˗ ENDS ˗
© 2015 Fujifilm UK Ltd. Specifications are subject to change.
UK AVAILABILITY AND PRICING:
The XF16-55mmF2.8 R LM WR will be available in the UK from February 2015 with a Suggested Retail Price of £899.99
Hi-res PRODUCT IMAGES are available for download from our IMAGE BANK:
For UK MEDIA ENQUIRIES/REVIEW SAMPLES please contact:
FUJIFILM UK Digital Camera Press Office
Tel: 07557 140268
For UK CONSUMER ENQUIRIES please contact:
FUJIFILM UK Digital Camera Customer Service
Tel: 0344 553 2321
FUJIFILM Corporation and its group companies develop, produce and market products in the Imaging Solutions business (colour films, digital cameras, photofinishing equipment and colour paper, chemicals and services for photofinishing) and Information Solutions business (equipment and materials for medical diagnostics and life science, equipment and materials for graphic arts, flat panel display materials, recording media, optical devices, electronic materials and inkjet materials). The company employs more than 80,000 people worldwide, with 282 subsidiaries all over the world.
Uniquely placed to be a market leader in digital imaging, Fujifilm develops and manufactures its own sensors, lenses and processing technology. In addition to its production plants and R&D operations in Japan, the company has key manufacturing facilities in Europe and the USA for core products such as colour film, colour paper, single use cameras and CTP printing plates, and has further factories in Brazil and China. It has a global turnover in excess of ¥114 billion (around £795 million).
In the UK, Fujifilm has been supplying the imaging, printing and graphics industries, as well as consumers, professional and enthusiast photographers, with high quality, innovative products and services for over 30 years. Fujifilm UK currently employs more than 390 people and is one of the country's most popular photographic and imaging brands.