FUJINON XF23mmF1.4 R lens
FUJIFILM X-Pro1 + FUJINON XF23mmF1.4 R
FUJIFILM X-E1 Black + FUJINON XF23mmF1.4 R
FUJIFILM X-E1 Silver + FUJINON XF23mmF1.4 R
FUJIFILM Corporation (President: Shigehiro Nakajima) is proud to announce the launch of the FUJINON XF23mmF1.4 R lens for Fujifilm compact system cameras.
FUJINON XF lenses represent the pinnacle of Fujifilm's optical design technology, with top quality all-glass construction which includes an aspherical lens element. Their fast maximum apertures increase versatility for low-light photography and create scenes with a beautiful bokeh effect, while Fujifilm's HT-EBC coating reduces reflections over a wider range of wavelengths, thereby controlling flare and ghosting. These advanced optical engineering techniques combine to deliver full-frame sensor resolution and noise level performance in the highly detailed APS-C sized X-Trans CMOS sensor in FUJIFILM X-mount cameras.
With a focal length equivalent to 35mm in the 35mm format, the FUJINON XF23mmF1.4 R is suitable for a wide range of applications including portraits and landscapes as well as more general photography. The fast maximum aperture of f/1.4 allows you to shoot hand-held in low light conditions, where zoom lenses would introduce camera shake, plus it creates beautiful bokeh for artistic images.
Dedicated lens design for use with Fujifilm X-Trans CMOS sensors
- The new lens design provides enhanced resolving power with high contrast to draw the maximum performance out of the highly descriptive X-Trans CMOS sensor.
- The fast f/1.4 aperture allows the user to create images with beautiful bokeh and helps reduce blurring in low light conditions.
- Lens distortion has been reduced to the absolute minimum using only optical rather than digital correction, thereby delivering the highest possible picture quality.
- The rounded seven-blade diaphragm ensures smooth bokeh even when shooting portraits or product shots at a medium aperture to maintain reasonable depth-of-field.
- All lens elements are treated with Fujifilm’s multilayer HT-EBC (High Transmittance Electron Beam Coating) which delivers enhanced durability and ensures an even spread of light across the sensor.
Distance indicator suitable for quick shots
- The FUJINON XF23mmF1.4 R features a camera-to-subject distance indicator and a depth-of-field scale on the barrel. Both are useful when manually pre-focusing to capture a fast moving subject, or minimize the shutter lag to capture a fleeting moment.
- The minimum working distance of around 28cm also makes this lens ideal for close-up shots.
High speed autofocus
- The lens uses an internal focusing system for high speed autofocus. The focusing lens group consists of three cemented lens elements and one aspheric lens element to keep weight down while the built-in high-torque DC coreless motor delivers ultra-fast AF performance.
Compact size and premium design
- The FUJINON XF23mmF1.4 R weighs 300g and measures just 63mm in length making it the most compact and lightweight lens of its class.
- Metal parts are used for the focus and aperture rings, which are designed to give just the right amount of torque and feel in use.
- The large front element gives the premium look of a fast lens, reminiscent of classic lenses from the past.
FUJINON XF23mm Lens Specification Chart
11 elements in 8 groups
（includes 1 aspherical element）
(35mm format equivalent)
Angle of view
Number of of blades
7 (rounded diaphragm opening)
1/3EV (22 stops)
Normal ： 0.6m～∞
Macro ： 28cm ～∞
External dimensions : Diameter x Length* (approx.)
* distance from camera lens mount flange
φ72mm x 63mm
Weight (approx. ) (excluding caps and hoods)
© 2013 Fujifilm UK Ltd. Specifications are subject to change.
UK AVAILABILITY AND PRICING:
The FUJIFILM XF23mm lens will be on sale from October 2013 for around £849.
Hi-res PRODUCT IMAGES are available for download from our IMAGE BANK:
Visit the Fujifilm UK Image Bank
For UK MEDIA ENQUIRIES/REVIEW SAMPLES please contact:
FUJIFILM UK Digital Camera Press Office
Tel: 01234 572101
For UK CONSUMER ENQUIRIES please contact:
FUJIFILM UK Digital Camera Customer Service
Tel: 0844 553 2322
FUJIFILM Corporation and its group companies develop, produce and market products in the Imaging Solutions business (colour films, digital cameras, photofinishing equipment and colour paper, chemicals and services for photofinishing) and Information Solutions business (equipment and materials for medical diagnostics and life science, equipment and materials for graphic arts, flat panel display materials, recording media, optical devices, electronic materials and inkjet materials). The company employs more than 80,000 people worldwide, with 282 subsidiaries all over the world.
Uniquely placed to be a market leader in digital imaging, Fujifilm develops and manufactures its own sensors, lenses and processing technology. In addition to its production plants and R&D operations in Japan, the company has key manufacturing facilities in Europe and the USA for core products such as colour film, colour paper, single use cameras and CTP printing plates, and has further factories in Brazil and China. It has a global turnover in excess of ¥114 billion (around £795 million).
In the UK, Fujifilm has been supplying the imaging, printing and graphics industries, as well as consumers, professional and enthusiast photographers, with high quality, innovative products and services for over 30 years. Fujifilm UK currently employs more than 390 people and is one of the country's most popular photographic and imaging brands.