FUJINON XF50-140mm F2.8 R LM OIS WR
FUJINON XF50-140mm F2.8 R LM OIS WR und Fujifilm X-T1
FUJIFILM Corporation (President: Shigehiro Nakajima) is proud to announce that a new FUJINON XF50-140mmF2.8 R LM OIS WR will be added to the X Series interchangeable lens line-up in late November 2014.
The FUJINON XF50-140mmF2.8 R LM OIS WR has a focal length equivalent to 76-213mm*1
, and a constant F2.8 aperture throughout the range. With a lens construction of 23 glass elements in 16 groups, which features five ED lens elements, and one Super ED lens element with low dispersion characteristics comparable to a fluorite lens, chromatic aberrations have been substantially reduced. Furthermore, the use of a new Nano-GI (Gradient Index) coating technology ensures this high-performance optic delivers results befitting its flagship XF telephoto zoom lens status.
The length of the lens barrel remains constant throughout the entire zoom range, and features a weather resistant and dust-resistant finish that can also work in temperatures as low as -10°C. Thanks to a high-performance gyro sensor, a unique image stabilization algorithm and the bright F2.8 aperture hand-holding is possible in a wider range of conditions, while the world’s first Triple Linear Motor allows comfortable shooting with fast, quiet autofocusing.
Optical design for flagship telephoto zoom image quality
- To deliver the best image quality in its class, this luxurious telephoto zoom uses an optical construction comprising 23 glass elements in 16 groups, with five ED lens elements and one Super ED lens element comparable to a fluorite lens. This maximizes the reduction of chromatic aberrations and delivers high resolving power.
- Applying Fujifilm’s unique HT-EBC (High Transmittance Electron Beam Coating) to the entire area of the lens surface ensures ghosting and flare are controlled for sharp, clear images. Also, using the newly developed Nano-GI (Gradient Index) coating technology, which alters the refractive index between glass and air, ghosting and flare are effectively reduced for diagonal incident light.
- Like other XF lenses, seven rounded aperture blades create a smooth, circular bokeh. An optical design has been used to produce beautiful bokeh at both front and back.
- An inner zooming mechanism means the lens does not change length so the lens’ balance remains the same throughout the zoom range.
- By combining this lens with an X Series camera body*3 with Lens Modulation Optimizer*2 (LMO) technology, the performance from the lens is improved even further. LMO corrects for diffraction*4 to produce images with edge-to-edge sharpness and create a realistic three-dimensional effect, even at small apertures.
High-speed, quiet autofocus thanks to the world’s first Triple Linear Motor
- An Inner Focusing System*5 is used for high-speed AF. By reducing the weight of the focus lens and mounting the Triple Linear Motor at intervals of 120°, high-speed, quiet AF is possible. Faster AF is possible when by combining this lens with an X Series camera body offering Phase Detection AF. Combined with the near-silent shutter sound, photos can be taken unnoticed in quiet locations.
- As AF operates using a signal from the imaging sensor, extremely high-precision focusing is possible.
- With a minimum working distance of 1m for the entire zoom range, this lens is also great for close ups.
The best image stabilisation performance in its class
- Thanks to a high-performance gyro sensor and unique algorithm that cancels drift due to temperature changes, the XF50-140mm delivers the best image stabilization performance in its class. Combined with a bright F2.8 aperture, handholding is now possible in new areas for a telephoto zoom.
Weather resistant, dust-resistant and freezeproof to -10°C low-temperature operation
- By applying seals to each portion of the barrel, the lens is weather-resistant, dust-resistant and -10°C low-temperature operation, making it the perfect companion for the X-T1, which has the same levels of protection.
High build quality and comfortable operation
- Both the focus and aperture rings are metal, plus metal is also used on the exterior of the lens body for a high-quality finish. Thanks to long-term experience and broaden know-how for other top-end professional lens fields such as Broadcasting and CinemaScope, the texture and torque on the rings makes for comfortable shooting even for delicate manual focusing. The lens mount is made from brass for improved strength.
- Combined with a camera body, the lens is approximately 60% of the weight of a full-size system*6, considerably reducing the burden on the photographer.
- The AF+MF function enables seamless manual focusing. After pressing the shutter to autofocus on the subject, fine adjustments can then be made using the manual focus ring.*7
FUJINON LENS XF50-140mmF2.8 R LM OIS WR
23 elements 16 groups
(includes 5 extra low dispersion elements and 1 super extra low dispersion element）
Focal length (35mm format equivalent)
Angle of view
Number of blades
7（rounded diaphragm opening）
Normal：1m～∞ (whole zoom position)
Macro：1m～3m (whole zoom position)
External dimensions: Diameter x Length (approx.)
（distance from camera lens mount flange）
φ82.9mm x 175.9mm (Wide/Telephoto)
(excluding caps , hoods and tripod collar foot）
35mm format equivalent
Fujifilm’s own image processing function that corrects the optical effects of diffraction, based on the optical performance of each lens.
Supported by the “FUJIFILM X-T1” and “FUJIFILM X-E2” as of August, 2014.
Phenomenon that occurs when the shooting with a narrow aperture in which fine images that should originally be sharp become blurred.
Method for moving the small lenses in the middle and rear sections of the lens, without moving the large lenses composing the front of the lens.
A function allowing seamless manual focusing by rotating the focus ring while pressing the shutter halfway during AF lock. A firmware upgrade is required for the camera body in order to use this function. (Applicable models: X-Pro1/X-E1/X-E2/X-T1)
˗ ENDS ˗
© 2014 Fujifilm UK Ltd. Specifications are subject to change.
UK AVAILABILITY AND PRICING:
The FUJINON XF50-140mmF2.8 R LM OIS WR will be available in the UK from November 2014 with a Suggested Retail Price of £1249.99
Hi-res PRODUCT IMAGES are available for download from our IMAGE BANK:
For UK MEDIA ENQUIRIES/REVIEW SAMPLES please contact:
FUJIFILM UK Digital Camera Press Office
Tel: 01234 572101
For UK CONSUMER ENQUIRIES please contact:
FUJIFILM UK Digital Camera Customer Service
Tel: 0344 553 2321
FUJIFILM Corporation and its group companies develop, produce and market products in the Imaging Solutions business (colour films, digital cameras, photofinishing equipment and colour paper, chemicals and services for photofinishing) and Information Solutions business (equipment and materials for medical diagnostics and life science, equipment and materials for graphic arts, flat panel display materials, recording media, optical devices, electronic materials and inkjet materials). The company employs more than 80,000 people worldwide, with 282 subsidiaries all over the world.
Uniquely placed to be a market leader in digital imaging, Fujifilm develops and manufactures its own sensors, lenses and processing technology. In addition to its production plants and R&D operations in Japan, the company has key manufacturing facilities in Europe and the USA for core products such as colour film, colour paper, single use cameras and CTP printing plates, and has further factories in Brazil and China. It has a global turnover in excess of ¥114 billion (around £795 million).
In the UK, Fujifilm has been supplying the imaging, printing and graphics industries, as well as consumers, professional and enthusiast photographers, with high quality, innovative products and services for over 30 years. Fujifilm UK currently employs more than 390 people and is one of the country's most popular photographic and imaging brands.