Fujifilm is helping make the world a better, healthier, and more interesting place. Learn more about what we’re about.
FUJIFILM Corporation has released a new firmware upgrade for the X-T1 and X-T1 Graphite Silver Edition to improve operability and functionality. This latest update adds to the substantial firmware upgrades released in Dec 2014 and June 2015.
Fujifilm is striving to keep the level of technology offered in the X-T1 and X-T1 Graphite Silver Edition as up to date as possible so the cameras have the longest possible lifespan.
Firmware release date
Dec 17, 2015
Improvements with firmware update 4.20
1.Using a flashgun in Bracketing/Continuous shooting
Optional flashguns can now be used for bracketing and burst photography. When using the EF-X8, which is bundled with the X-T1, the flash fires in ISO, FILM SIMULATION and WHITE BALANCE BKT modes.
2. Instant AF Setting in manual focus
Focus and exposure can now be locked when the AF-L button is used in manual focus mode. You can shoot after locking AF and AE with your thumb.
3. AF+MF operation with AF-L button
The AF-L button can be used to lock focus in AF+MF mode and you can adjust the focus more accurately using the lens's focusing ring.
4. Focus zoom in AF+MF
The FOCUS ASSIST button can be used for focus zoom and you can fine tune focusing using the lens's focusing ring with focus zoom activated.
5. Additional Custom Display options
Functions have been added to the DISP. CUSTOM SETTING option in the setup menu. Choose the information you want, then concentrate on shooting.
(Additional items) Focus frame/Shooting mode/ Information background/Focus mode/Shutter type/Continuous mode/Dual IS mode/Movie mode /Blur warning
6. The Fn7 Button
The movie-record button now doubles as an Fn button (Fn7). Press and hold DISP/BACK to select what it controls.
Firmware ver. 4.00 (released in June 2015) brought substantial improvements to the following functions:
1. New AF system with Zone and Wide/Tracking modes
2. Improvement of AF accuracy
3. Eye Detection AF
4. Auto Macro mode
5. AF improvement in the Movie mode
6. Improved Shutter Speed Dial operation
7. Exposure Compensation control in Manual.
8. Finer lines on the framing grid to enhance visibility
9. Name of Silent mode changed to avoid confusion
Firmware ver. 3.00 (released in December 2014) brought substantial improvements to the following functions:
1. High-speed electronic shutter with a maximum speed of 1/32000sec.
2. Option to mute the shutter sound
3. Classic Chrome Film Simulation mode for more creativity
4. Natural Live View function - just like the naked eye
5. EVF / LCD Color Control
6. AF+MF function for seamless manual focusing
7. Direct selection of AF area
8. Interchangeable AE-L / AF-L buttons
9. Ability to change the size of the Focus frame in Manual Focus
10. Direct selection of Macro mode
11. Customizable Q. Menu
12. New video frame rates (50P / 25P / 24P)
13. Manual shooting in Video mode
14. Phase detection AF support for Instant AF
15. Interlocking of metering and focus areas
16. Shutter speed range expanded in Program Shift mode from 1/4sec to a maximum of 4 seconds
17. Additional settings in Function(Fn) options
18. Instax Printer print
19. Software lock function added to avoid accidental button pressing
20. Custom white balance options expanded from one to three
21. Greater choice of EVF / LCD display options when shooting in the Manual exposure mode
22. Support for PC-tethered shooting with HS-V5 software
23. Ability to change Face Detection functionality in Focus-Frame Selection AF
24. When pressing AE-L button, exposure is reflected in live view
25. When AF is locked by pressing AF-L button, the AF lock is maintained during zooming
26. Icon added to show RAW shooting is not available when an expanded sensitivity range is selected in RAW shooting.
X-T1 Firmware Ver.4.20 Download
This firmware is exclusive to the FUJIFILM X-T1 and X-T1 Graphite Silver Edition. Firmware is software that controls the camera body.
For UK MEDIA ENQUIRIES
FUJIFILM UK Digital Camera Press Office
Tel: 07557 140268
For UK CONSUMER ENQUIRIES
FUJIFILM UK Digital Camera Customer Service
Tel: 0344 553 2321
FUJIFILM Corporation and its group companies develop, produce and market products in the Imaging Solutions business (colour films, digital cameras, photofinishing equipment and colour paper, chemicals and services for photofinishing) and Information Solutions business (equipment and materials for medical diagnostics and life science, equipment and materials for graphic arts, flat panel display materials, recording media, optical devices, electronic materials and inkjet materials). The company employs more than 80,000 people worldwide, with 282 subsidiaries all over the world.
Uniquely placed to be a market leader in digital imaging, Fujifilm develops and manufactures its own sensors, lenses and processing technology. In addition to its production plants and R&D operations in Japan, the company has key manufacturing facilities in Europe and the USA for core products such as colour film, colour paper, single use cameras and CTP printing plates, and has further factories in Brazil and China. It has a global turnover in excess of ¥114 billion (around £795 million).
In the UK, Fujifilm has been supplying the imaging, printing and graphics industries, as well as consumers, professional and enthusiast photographers, with high quality, innovative products and services for over 30 years. Fujifilm UK currently employs more than 390 people and is one of the country's most popular photographic and imaging brands.