FUJINON XF56mm F1.2 R APD
FUJIFILM Corporation (President: Shigehiro Nakajima) is proud to announce that a new FUJINON LENS XF56mmF1.2 R APD will be added to the X-Series interchangeable lens lineup from December 2014.
The FUJINON XF56mmF1.2 R APD is an autofocus lens for digital cameras with APS-C size sensors and provides a focal length equivalent to 85mm*1
. The lens has a maximum aperture of F1.2 making it the world’s brightest autofocus lens for digital cameras with an APS-C sensor. In addition, the new apodising filter makes it the perfect choice for portraiture, with every strand of hair visible and a unique bokeh effect.
This lens is highly portable. When attached to an X Series camera body, it weighs about half*2
as much as a single-lens reflex camera with a lens of the same focal length and F value, plus it’s quick to use thanks to the high-speed, quiet autofocus.
It produces not only beautiful bokeh part, but also maintain the sharpness with accurate focusing even in a shallow depth-of -field. This is a huge advantage of Mirrorless system over SLR thanks to focusing on image sensor itself rather than on separate PD sensor. The shutter on X Series bodies is equally quiet, so it’s easy to capture more natural shots of subjects.
Apodisation filter delivers more creative portraits
- The XF56mm F1.2 R APD offers brilliant levels of sharpness even when shooting with the aperture at F1.2. In addition, the apodisation filter smoothes the bokeh’s outlines. This combination of image sharpness and beautiful bokeh delivers portraits with a three-dimensional feel.
- An optical construction of 11 glass elements in eight groups, including one aspherical glass moulded lens element and two extra low dispersion lens elements has been used. Spherical aberrations are corrected by the aspherical glass element to deliver high resolution at the maximum aperture setting. Additionally, thanks to the combination of two extra-low dispersion lens elements and three cemented lens elements, chromatic aberrations are greatly reduced.
- By applying Fujifilm’s unique HT-EBC (High Transmittance Electron Beam Coating) to all lens surfaces, ghosting and flare are controlled for sharp, clear results.
- The lens also makes the most of Fujifilm’s unique X-Trans™ CMOS low pass filter-less sensor for extremely high image quality. Ghosting and flare are controlled even under harsh conditions such as backlighting.
- By combining this lens with an X Series camera body*5 with Lens Modulation Optimizer*4 (LMO) technology, the performance from the lens is improved even further. LMO corrects for diffraction*6 to produce images with edge-to-edge sharpness and create a realistic three-dimensional effect, even at small apertures.
Autofocusing for a lens with an apodisation filter
- In the past, an apodisation filter has only been used on a manual focus lens; this is the first to use high-precision contrast AF.
- Combined with an X Series camera body, more natural shots of subjects are possible thanks to the near-silent shutter sound.
Film-like effects with the Film Simulation function
- X Series interchangeable lens cameras are equipped with Film Simulation modes, which have been developed using Fujifilm’s knowledge from 80 years of manufacturing to deliver film-like colours and tones. Combining this lens with the Pro Neg. Film Simulation mode, which is specifically designed for portrait photography, reproduces beautiful skin tones.
High build quality and comfortable operation
- The apodisation filter delivers its best results at wider apertures. To enable wide apertures to be used even in bright environments, an ND filter is included that adjusts brightness in three levels. To indicate the apodising effect, the lens features an aperture ring showing the effective F No. in red. The difference between the F No. and the effective F No. indicates the effectiveness of the apodisation filter.
- Both the focus and aperture rings are metal, plus metal is also used on the exterior of the lens body for a high-quality finish. The texture and torque on the rings makes for comfortable shooting even for delicate manual focusing.
FUJINON XF56mmF1.2 R APD
11 elements in 8 groups
includes one aspherical lens, two extra-low dispersion lens, apodisation (APD) filter
Focal length (35mm format equivalent)
Angle of view
Number of blades
7（rounded diaphragm opening）
1/3EV (23 steps)
*1/2EV from max. aperture to next step, only
External dimensions: Diameter x Length (approx.)
（distance from camera lens mount flange）
φ73.2mm x 69.7mm
Weight (approx.) (excluding caps and hoods）
35mm format equivalent.
X-Trans is a trademark or registered trademark of Fujifilm Corporation.
Fujifilm’s own image processing function that corrects the optical effects of diffraction, based on the optical performance of each lens.
Supported by the “FUJIFILM X-T1” and “FUJIFILM X-E2” as of August, 2014.
Phenomenon that occurs when the shooting with a narrow aperture in which fine images that should originally be sharp become blurred.
˗ ENDS ˗
© 2014 Fujifilm UK Ltd. Specifications are subject to change.
UK AVAILABILITY AND PRICING:
The FUJINON XF56mmF1.2 R APD will be available in the UK from December 2014 with a Suggested Retail Price of £1099.99
Hi-res PRODUCT IMAGES are available for download from our IMAGE BANK:
For UK MEDIA ENQUIRIES/REVIEW SAMPLES please contact:
FUJIFILM UK Digital Camera Press Office
Tel: 01234 572101
For UK CONSUMER ENQUIRIES please contact:
FUJIFILM UK Digital Camera Customer Service
Tel: 0344 553 2321
FUJIFILM Corporation and its group companies develop, produce and market products in the Imaging Solutions business (colour films, digital cameras, photofinishing equipment and colour paper, chemicals and services for photofinishing) and Information Solutions business (equipment and materials for medical diagnostics and life science, equipment and materials for graphic arts, flat panel display materials, recording media, optical devices, electronic materials and inkjet materials). The company employs more than 80,000 people worldwide, with 282 subsidiaries all over the world.
Uniquely placed to be a market leader in digital imaging, Fujifilm develops and manufactures its own sensors, lenses and processing technology. In addition to its production plants and R&D operations in Japan, the company has key manufacturing facilities in Europe and the USA for core products such as colour film, colour paper, single use cameras and CTP printing plates, and has further factories in Brazil and China. It has a global turnover in excess of ¥114 billion (around £795 million).
In the UK, Fujifilm has been supplying the imaging, printing and graphics industries, as well as consumers, professional and enthusiast photographers, with high quality, innovative products and services for over 30 years. Fujifilm UK currently employs more than 390 people and is one of the country's most popular photographic and imaging brands.